Thursday, September 4, 2008

Somehow, I've caught a cold

I went to bed last night and I felt just fine.

I woke up this morning feeling yucky. My head is all congested and can hardly breathe. I'm headachy and feel a little feverish.

I went into work later than usual. Did a few things for next week's To Do. Then I went to an interview. Afterward, I went home.

I have to go in early tomorrow because I have a phone interview with Kenny Loggins. Got any burning questions you want me to ask him? Let me know before 9 a.m.

After the interview, I'm coming back home to rest.

I don't know anyone who has a cold. I guess I could have just bumped into someone bearing germs.

A few hours ago, my sister Patty called. She's at home sick with a cold. But I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks. So it wasn't her.

I'll be at home all weekend.

I hate being sick. And it seems that the older I get, the easier I get sick. A couple of years ago, I was so sick I stayed home for almost a week. One of my colleagues whom I'd worked with my entire time at the Ledger-Enquirer was astounded. He said as long as he'd known me, I never took a sick day. It was true.

Not any more. If I feel bad enough, I'll stay home. I figure after 33 years, I've earned my sick days.

Besides, like I said earlier, I just may be a hypochondriac. 

1 comment:

Troy Heard said...

There's a new homeopath clinic on...2nd, I believe? Brenna Murphy, one of the doctors, is a ChattShakes volunteer...check it out.