Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Renovation

A long time ago, I was talking to Bo Bartlett, the very, very fine artist who is originally from Columbus. He was fixing his house, and asked if I'd ever renovated a house that I was still living in. I told him no. He said, "Don't."

I now know what he meant.

My brother is renovating our kitchen and that means the entire house is a mess.

My three little babies had to stay outside most of the day, and I'm not sure they gave them water. When I let them in around 9 p.m., they quickly drank two bowls of water.

Anyway, I did watch one of my favorite reality shows, "Dancing with the Stars" last night. But I didn't blog about it because I wasn't sure where my laptop was.

I was gently reminded about that this morning by my co-worker Sonya Sorich who often checks my blog to see what I thought about the previous night's television goings-on.

OK.

I was impressed with Toni Braxton, Brooke Burke and Warren Sapp. Unless Braxton has problems with her health, I think she might be the front-runner. But Sapp was the revelation!

That huge man is very light on his feet. And did a fabulous job with the cha-cha.

The worse just may be Susan Lucci. She dances just about as well as she acts. I wasn't impressed with Jeff Ross, either, who may be the first one booted off the show. Poor Edyta. She has the worst luck with her celebrity partners. I mean, she had Kenny Mayne, whom I think was robbed the first season. He should have gone on to at least the second show. Then she had Evander Holyfield and the list goes on. Her husband, Alec Mazo, won that first season with that other soap opera actress, Kelly something. Though I really don't think she should have won at all.

Wait! I was wrong. Kenny Mayne was not her partner. She did dance with Holyfield, George Hamilton, John Ratzenberger, Joey Lawrence, Cameron Mathison. And my favorite pairing was last season's with Jason Taylor.

Maybe dancing with Mayne was traumatic because his partner, Andrea Hale has not been back.

Cloris Leachman, who is 82, did OK with the foxtrot, but I know she's going to have problems with the Latin dances. She's very creaky. But she'll probably last a few weeks just because people are impressed that she even made the effort.

Kim Kardashian came with her mother and stepfather (Bruce Jenner) and at least one of her sisters. She did OK.

The one thing I did notice this season: A lot of implants.

No comments: