Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Another year

I swear I sometimes look in the mirror and say, "Who is that old lady?"

And then I realize it's ME!

I cannot believe that I'm 56-years-old today. I have a friend who scolds me whenever I make my age public. She says that people will start guessing how old she is now!

I don't feel like I'm 56, though I don't know how 56 is supposed to feel. I really don't think I look 56, though I don't know how 56 is supposed to look.

I'm in reasonably good shape, and I'm in pretty good health.

I have a wonderful family and loads of great friends, many of whom have e-mailed or called me.

I had one friend, John Chapiewski , take me to lunch today at one of my favorite restaurants, the RiverMill Cafe. And executive chef/owner Jamie Keating made me a fabulous chocolate cake. And I ate the whole thing. Well, I let John taste.

My friends in the newsroom have all wished me a happy birthday. Sonya brought a bunch of goodies from my favorite bakery, Pat-a-Cakes, for me. I shared those.

Now, I'm on a sugar high.

What more can a girl want?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday! My husband's is tomorrow. He is 39 so next year I get to really torment him. Except my birthday is in October and we are the same age LOL!

Leslie said...

(I mean he will be 39 tomorrow)

Allison Kennedy said...

Happy day, Sandra!