Friday, September 26, 2008

Good friends

I have wonderful friends. One of them, V.J. Roberts, took me to dinner and then to see "Menopause The Musical" tonight for my birthday, even though my birthday was weeks ago.

Oh, my God! That play is too funny. And the Springer Opera House could not hold another person. It's been sold out every single show.

People were laughing hysterically, including me. I know exactly how those actors feel. The man sitting next to me was laughing a lot, too.

The authors of the show took very well known songs and reworked the lyrics. On my way out of the theater, I overheard a man say he'll never listen to "Good Vibrations" the same way.

You had to be there.

Kristen Metcalfe, who works in the box office, said people don't balk at buying obstructed view seats and they don't care that they're not sitting with their friends. You see, only single seats were left.

Tonight, there was a huge busload of people. When I asked marketing director Scooter MacMillan where the bus was from, he said Cordele. People from Cordele rented a huge bus to come to Columbus to see a play!

That's just astounding.

And great for the Springer.

If you have a chance to see the show, go. The final shows are 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday. Both shows are sold out, but call to see if anyone turned in their tickets. You may get lucky.

Call 706-327-3688.

No comments: