Monday, September 15, 2008

Signature Chefs

I've known Linda Szabo for many, many years. It was so long ago that my hair was gray-free and down to my waist.

She was in high school, and for some reason, wanted to be a journalist. 

I used to advise the young people who wanted to work at a newspaper. I don't think I was the best adviser. I'd tell them in our very first meeting that it would be better for them if they'd find another profession. I told them they'd never really make any money and they'd work long hours. And people will often hate you for writing something that was true, but they didn't want to hear it.

Linda grew up and became an intern one summer with us before deciding to go into nonprofit work. She's been the executive director of the March of Dimes since she graduated from the University of Georgia. 

For the second year, the MOD will be hosting the Signature Chefs Auction at 6-9 p.m. on Oct. 9 at the RiverMill Event Centre.

Tickets are $65 and need to be reserved before 5 p.m. Oct. 3.

Top chefs in town will make their signature dishes and you get to taste them. And there will be an auction for all kinds of things to bid on.

It should be a lot of fun.

Call 706-660-0160.

No comments: