Friday, July 18, 2008

"Sex and the City"

When the movie opened, I was in Japan, and missed going to see it the first night with all my friends.

Then I got very busy.

I knew that it was closing at Carmike 15 last night, and it was down to one showing a day at 10 p.m.

So I went last night and there were about 20 other people there, including one man who came in, sat down in the front and stayed for the whole movie.

I loved it. I should have found some of my other friends earlier and gone to see it.

My editor said she could see it 10 times in the theater. I should have called her last night because her husband was out-of-town. And I could have called some other people I know.

Oh, well.

Now I've got to see "Journey to the Center of the Earth." The rest of my family don't have to work, so they all went to see it last week. Buggers.

I've got to see the 3-D version, so I've got to figure out what time to go.

And I've got to see "The Dark Knight."

As I left the theater this morning about 12:30 a.m., the parking lot was full, just like it is on a Saturday. My colleage Brad Barnes said four theaters sold out last night.

I can't wait to see this one.

"The X-Files: I Want to Believe" opens next Friday. I did a phone interview with Frank Spotnitz, the co-writer and co-producer of the movie. He didn't even give me any clues about the movie except that it's more about the relationship between Mulder and Scully.

I've got to see that one.

Then there's the new "Mummy" movie opening next week. Since I haven't seen the others, I'm not too sure about this one.

I did see "Wall-E." It was really good. I haven't seen the new "Indiana Jones" movie.

I guess I'll be catching up on movies in the next few weeks.

No comments: