Friday, July 11, 2008

Photos from Japan, Part 10. Flowers and trees.

Cheryl, as I said earlier, loves to putter in gardens. She absolutely loved all the flowers and trees and took many, many pictures. Here are some of them.


Yards like this one with flowers and trees cut into these shapes are everywhere.

Water lilies in one of the gardens in Kyoto.

Close-up.

Some sort of succulent. It may be upside-down, now that I'm looking at it.

I thought this was a very unsual flower. Very pretty. Any idea what it is?

These were in our neighbor's yard.

I've never seen a hydrangea this color. These were in our yard and were just gorgeous.

I think these are pansies.

More pansies?

This iris was in one of the gardens we toured in Kyoto.

Someone sent me an e-mail last year, showing a bouquet like this, because she knew how much I liked Hello Kitty. But I saw it with my own eyes in a shop in the Ginza. And it was just as cute in real life.

These pretty flowers were in our neighbor's yard.

Believe it or not, azaleas were still blooming in early June in Japan. These were some kind of giant azaleas.

What are these? Anybody?

I think these are related to the above.

We saw some unusual flowers. We have no idea what they are. If you know, please tell me. I think these are some kind of hydrangea.

Ah, the bonsai. These gorgeous little trees are trimmed and carefully watched for years and years. These were in front of a restaurant.

No comments: