Monday, July 21, 2008

Am I dumb, or what?

I have a laptop and wireless connection.

So why am I not blogging during the shows I watch?

Not thinking.

Last night's ESPYs show was great! I wasn't sure about Justin Timberlake as the host, but he was brilliant. He was very engaging and funny. And certainly not afraid of making fun of himself.

The other Sunday show I watch is "Design Star." Now, it's just Matt and Jennifer left. Just like this season's "Project Runway," I really didn't like any of these people, so I really don't care which one wins. I know that I just saw the first "Project Runway," so maybe I'll find a designer I like.

My buddy Troy Heard scolded me that I need to update my personal pages. I signed up for MySpace and FaceBook. And that's about that.

Maybe I'll get to work on those pages ... some day.

Tom "Hollywood" Ford is the visual effects producer on "The X-Files: I Want to Believe." So did he tell me what it's about?

No. He signed an NDA or non-disclosure agreement. Actually, he signed two NDAs. The first when he started working on the movie. The second when he got to read the well-guarded script. He had to read it in the office of the executive vice president's of production.

I bet he wasn't really supposed to tell me that he was working on the film.

But he knew I was a fan of the series. He made me watch the pilot, and I was hooked.

Back in March, I get a call from Tom. I knew he was in his car because I could hear traffic.

I asked where he was going. He said he was going to Malibu.

Malibu?

I knew he wanted me to ask why he was going to Malibu.

"I'm going to Chris Carter's house," was his answer.

I must have shrieked, "You're working on the 'The X-Files' movie?"

I could tell he had a huge grin on his face. I just knew it.

I talked to him this morning and he told me he absolutely loved the experience, even though it was hard work.

I spoke to co-writer and co-producer Frank Spotnitz last week. I asked him how annoying Tom was.

He laughed and said he was a joy to work with.

It's a real mutual admiration society.

I can't wait to see the movie Friday.

I'll see you at the theater.

No comments: