Monday, July 14, 2008

My travelogue ends

I'm finally finished posting my day-by-day accounting of my trip. And I finished posting the pictures I wanted to share.

When we got back, I had an e-mail from Kurt Schmitz, the meteorologist from WTVM 9. He and his wife, Kazue, had been in Japan the same time we were.

He said, wouldn't it have been funny to see each other there?

It turned out we kept missing each other by a day in Nikko and Kyoto. But we went to the very same places!

We've decided we're going to get together some night and look at our pictures.

My family and I had a great time. We made our cousins promise to visit us soon. They said it would be in two years. But you know what? Two years will go by in a flash.

I have one more picture to share.

It's my favorite.

When we were in Asakusa the second time, we split up and said we'd meet each other at a designated time and place. My mother and I went and along the way, we saw some sumo wrestlers.

Cheryl said it was funny when they ran into the young athletes. Fred, who never wants to be in pictures, wanted his picture taken with the sumo wrestlers.

It turned out that he was about the same size as two of them. The third? See for yourself.


No comments: