Friday, August 22, 2008

"Mamma Mia!"

I still haven't seen "Mamma Mia!" on stage or at the movies.

It's not that I don't like ABBA. I just haven't seen the movie. And every time the play has been in Atlanta, I haven't gone to see it.

I just saw this on IMDb: Universal may entice fans of the hit musical "Mamma Mia!" to return to the theaters over Labor Day by presenting a "Sing-Along Edition" in select theaters, complete with the lyrics to all of the songs appearing at the bottom of the screen. The film, which has grossed about $117 million is already set to become the fourth-biggest musical ticket seller of all time by the weekend, behind "Grease," "Chicago" and "The Sound of Music."

I hope Carmike Cinemas will be one of those "select" theaters. I'd love to go to a sing-along!

I'll make sure I take my Springer friends who can actually sing.

No comments: