Monday, August 25, 2008

Dancing With the Stars

You know what a big fan I am of "Dancing With the Stars" on ABC.

I had to make sure to watch "Good Morning America" to see who this season's contestants are going to be.

Democratic convention? Never mind. Michelle Obama? Come on. Get it over with. Bring on Tom Bergeron!

What's with this silencetherooster.com business? Too many commercials!

OK. Finally.

The first six contestants are Lance Bass, formerly of N'Sync; celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito; Olympic gold medal beach volleyballer Misty May-Treanor; another Olympic gold medalist, runner Maurice Green; Grammy Award-winning pop singer Toni Braxton and celebutante Kim Kardashian

This is not fair! They've split the 12 up and won't announce it until the next half hour. Boo!

As much as I love Chuck Leonard, I've got to watch another rehash of last night's news and another weathercast.

Come on!

The next six are 18-year-old Cody Linley of "Hannah Montana," who is the youngest contestant ever; veteran actress Cloris Leachman, who is the oldest contestant ever; actor Ted McGinley; model and TV host Brooke Burke; comedian Jeffrey Ross and retired football player Warren Sapp.

And for the first time this season, there's a 13th contestant -- Susan Lucci of "All My Children."

I can usually pick out the winner, but this time, I have no idea. OK. I was wrong last time. I picked Jason Taylor, but Kristi Yamaguchi won. He was the runner-up.

I'll have to watch the first show to see how everyone moves. And then I'll make the prediction.

It all begins Sept. 22 with the first elimination on Sept. 23.

All right. Let's get back to the Democratic convention. After all, I was a poli-sci major.

No comments: