Monday, August 11, 2008

Anthony Bourdain

I just finished watching "No Reservations" on the Travel Channel. It's the show hosted by Anthony Bourdain.

This week, he went to Tokyo. It's the third time in Japan for him. He went to Tokyo a few years ago and last season, he went to Osaka.

This time, Bourdain was in Tokyo and Kyoto.

And the places he went to were not anyplace we went. Well, we went to Tokyo Station. So did he. He rode the Shinkansen or the bullet train. So did we.

But the place he ate were definitely not the places where we ate! We can't afford the places he went!

And he was accompanied by "Iron Chef" Masahiro Morimoto. I didn't know he had opened a restaurant in Roppongi. Morimoto cooked just for Bourdain. Lucky dog!

I'm glad that Bourdain shows Japan to Americans without being obnoxious. And you know he can be.

Next Monday, he'll be in Spain. The show comes on at 10 p.m.

I love "No Reservations." I hope the Travel Channel keeps it.

No comments: