Tuesday, August 26, 2008

DWTS, Part 2

Have you been wondering which stars will be dancing with which professional dancer for the new season of "Dancing With the Stars"?

I did, and I finally had the chance to go to the Web site and here are the pairings.

Lance Bass with Lacey Schwimmer; Toni Braxton with Alec Mazo; Brooke Burke with Derek Hough; Rocco DiSpirito with Karina Smirnoff; Maurice Green with Cheryl Burke; Kim Kardashian with Mark Ballas; Cloris Leachman with Corky Ballas; Cory Linley with Julianne Hough; Susan Lucci with Tony Dovolani; Misty May-Treanor with Maksim Chmerkovskiy; Ted McGinley with Inna Brayer; Jeffrey Ross With Edyta Sliwinska and Warren Sapp with Kym Johnson.

OK. Cloris Leachman is 82-years-old. She's paired with Corky Ballas, who is Mark's father. Corky trained brother-and-sister team of Julianne and Derek Hough.

I guess Tony Dovolani was chosen for Susan Lucci because he's used to working with older women like Jane Seymour and Leeza Gibbons.

When Tom Bergeron was announcing the new stars Monday, he made me laugh when he said Cory Linley is the youngest star ever on the show. And he said that Julianne is finally the older woman. She won the championship with Helio Castroneves and Apolo Anton Ohno.

I've been telling my sister Dorothy that my goal in life is to dance with Maksim Chmerkovskiy. I know that will never happen but a girl can dream, right?

As you can probably tell, I can't wait for the show to start.

8 p.m. Sept. 22!

I still can't tell you which one will win.

But the countdown has begun!

No comments: