Friday, November 7, 2008

"Wicked"

Whenever I say I've never seen "Wicked," people look at me in disbelief.

But I haven't. I bought the book last year and haven't gotten past the first couple of pages.

It's not that I don't like "The Wizard of Oz." I've seen productions of that. I've seen the movie. I've seen "The Wiz" on stage and the movie version. I just haven't seen "Wicked."

Millions of people have.

On Nov. 2, in Atlanta's Fox Theatre, the national tour closed after 32 performances. It set attendance records there. More than 136,000 patrons saw the show, which meant the Fox's box office record was broken.

We are thrilled with the success of 'Wicked' and the experience that we have been able to provide to our patrons," said Stephanie Parker, vice president of Broadway Across America — Atlanta. "This was a much anticipated production, and we have received a wonderful response from the community who truly embraced the show.”

I have a feeling that those box office records will be broken next year when "Jersey Boys" comes to the Fox.

For more information on the season, call 800-278-4447 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday or go to www.BroadwayAcrossAmerica.com

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I saw Wicked at the Fox and it was unbelievably good. I loved it!

Leslie