Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Why, Baby, Why

I've never, ever been a country music. I'm still not.

When my sister Dorothy was here a couple of weekends ago, she put James Taylor's new CD, the one where he covers a bunch of songs, on when we were in the car. One of the tracks is "Why, Baby, Why?" I said, that's George Jones.

Dorothy looked at me and asked why I would know that. I told her the Springer Opera House is doing "Why, Baby, Why: The Music of George Jones & Tammy Wynette."

Even though I don't like country music, I never underestimate its popularity.

It turns out the Springer has been selling out performances of "Why, Baby, Why," an original musical by Springer artistic director Paul Pierce.

People will go to the shows, fall in love with it and buy tickets for another show. Some are coming back several times.

For that reason, the Springer is holding the show over for three additional performances next weekend.

There are a few tickets left for this weekend's performances, 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday in Foley Hall, 1016 First Ave.

The additional shows are 7:30 p.m. Nov. 20-22.

Tickets are $10-$32.

Call 706-327-3688 to make sure tickets are available on the night you want to go.

No comments: