Sunday, November 9, 2008

Going to the movies

Most of you know that I absolutely adore Russell Crowe. I know that "Body of Lies" has been out for weeks.

I finally went to see it today.

I loved the movie.

My gripe: I had to sit through something like 10 commercials. I'm not talking about movie trailers. I'm talking commercials. Then a couple of trailers came on. I really, truly do not mind watching the trailers. But I don't go to the movies to watch commercials that I can see on TV. That I expect to watch on TV.

A friend said that when he went to see a movie in Florida, he was late, but wasn't worried because he expected about 20 minutes of commercials and trailers. To his chagrin, the movie time was the time the movie started. If you wanted to watch the commercials and trailers, then you go early.

I like that.

I wonder if my friends at Carmike Cinemas would like that, too.

2 comments:

TSL said...

Enjoyed your blog, Army brat. I was a Marine Corps brat. You are south of me, but not by much. Best wishes.

Sandra Okamoto said...

Thanks, Tina.