Monday, November 10, 2008

A very busy fall

I really can't remember a busier fall than this one.

Local theater started with a bang when the Springer Opera House sold out every performance of "Menopause The Musical," which was followed by a very well-received "Bat Boy: The Musical" by the Columbus State University theater department.

The Chattahoochee Shakespeare Co. produced "Turn in Your Hymnal" and then did "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, Abridged" again at the Liberty Theatre.

The Columbus Symphony Orchestra had very good audiences for the first concert featuring the Eroica Trio. I'm sure the very handsome Philippe Quint had a very appreciative audience Saturday night.

And Fred Cohen, the director of the CSU Schwob School of Music, says the music school's concerts have been well attended.

Even with the economy as it is, you are still attending concerts and plays. And that's a good thing.

But I'm pooped. Covering all these shows and concerts is not easy. I know I tell everyone that I have the best job at the newspaper, but I'm busy. I shouldn't complain. At least these days, I don't have to cover nightclubs. I leave that to my colleague Sonya Sorich.

After Thanksgiving, I'll get a little respite. Then it starts all over again in January.

I am truly old and weak and don't know how long I can keep this up!

1 comment:

Troy Heard said...

::rolls eyes:: Just grind up some bull horn and put it in your tea...that'll give you another fifteen years for sure! And don't forget to sleep...