Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dancing with the Stars, Week 7


























La Lucci, as my friend Louise Shaffer calls her, was eliminated tonight. It's about time. I think she lasted far longer than she should have.

Louise, the self-proclaimed soap opera diva, worked on "All My Children," but got her daytime Emmy Award for her role as Rae Woodard on "Ryan's Hope."

She told me the night she won the Emmy, she was standing in the lobby of the hotel where they had the ceremony by herself, clutching the statue. Lucci was surrounded by reporters because she had lost for the umpteenth time!

After her career as a soap opera diva ended, Louise began writing for the soaps, including "All My Children."

She laughs when she said the writers were to write Susan Lucci's character, Erica Kane, as if she were 30. In reality, she was already in her mid-50s.

Since Louise and Susan are about the same age, she found it not only laughable but pretty pathetic.

Oh well, it is daytime drama when you need to suspend all credible belief. So why can't an aging actress pretend she's 20 years younger.

I'm no aging actress, but I act like I'm 20 years younger all the time.

Next week, I don't know who will be eliminated. Cody's got all the "Hannah Montana" kids voting for him. I'm guessing Lance Bass still has his N'Sync fans voting. I really don't know who is voting for Brooke Burke. Maurice Green has fans of the Olympics voting. I am still voting for Warren Sapp.

Burke got a perfect 30 Monday night. It's the first 30 of the season. It was a very good dance. Even I have to admit that.

But her music was a better fit for the foxtrot that some of the other stars'.

Wild guess? Lance Bass will leave next week.

No comments: