Saturday, May 17, 2008

I'm online! Woo hoo!

After two visits to the new Apple store on Veterans Parkway and to the Alltel store, also on Veterans, the very nice men at both stores helped me with my first personal computer.

After all these years of working on a Mac at home, I finally bought a laptop. Why a laptop? I need one to go to Japan and blog from there.

At least I hope I can figure out how to post my writing, photos and videos.

Maybe I should have done this a month ago so I could practice.

But anyone who knows me knows that I procrastinate.

This time, perhaps I should not have.

But the man at the Apple store said there is a brand-new Apple store in the Ginza district of Tokyo. Knowing the Ginza, which is also known as the Rodeo Drive or Park Avenue of Japan, whatever I need will probably be way expensive. Most likely too expensive for me.

Oh, well. One day I'll learn not o dawdle.

I got a call this morning from Louise Smith, who used to be our Food Editor. She was laughing as she said I finally made it on the front page. She was, of course, talking about the photo of me on Friday's front page.

If you go to our Web site and look at the gallery of photos about our adventures with the pressroom fire, there's a shot of me standing on a pallet, while stuffing papers into the plastic bags. My sister, Dorothy, left me a voice mail saying I really looked like a midget.

Only sisters can be that cruel!

Now that I know that I can at least write on my blog, we'll see if I can post photos and videos.

No comments: