Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What Meryl Rifkin's been doing

I just got an e-mail for Meryl Rifkin, who moved out to Hollywood at the request of her teen-aged son, Aaron. Aaron wants to be an actor, and Meryl thought it would be the best thing for both of them to move. They've been out there about a year-and-a-half.

Her companion, Andy Smith, moved out there this fall.

It's funny. She moved out there for Aaron, but she's the one who has been working! She and Andy did an episode for "The Doctors," the syndicated show that features real doctors talking about specific ailments.

Now, she writes:

"Here is a list of times of something I did a couple of months ago. I played a hermit mom in bed who gets attacked by her drunk hermit son. It was stupid, but, hey I got paid and I will be on TV. No lines, just action. The production company just alerted me to its airing starting Wednesday night. It will be on the History Channel.

"'Seven Deadly Sins - Gluttony Seven Deadly Sins Episode: Gluttony,' Wednesday at 9 p.m.; 1 a.m. Thursday and 8 p.m. and midnight Friday.

"Also, watch for the Discovery Channel, "Bitten" at the end of January and beginning of February (episodes 5 & 6) -- I was involved in re-enactments of two different people getting bit by tigers."

OK, so she's not making any big movies with big stars, but it's a start, right?

Keep it up, Meryl!

No comments: