Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm going to be Hello Kitty!

Come on! How cute is she?


I had to work the Friday after Thanksgiving on a shopping story. While my colleagues went out to the big chain stores, I hit the locally-owned stores.

Gladys Griffin, who owns the Main Street Toy Shoppe, told me she was going to get the costumed character of Hello Kitty back in her store. She had Kitty there when the Christmas lights were turned on right before Thanksgiving.

Even thought the toy store is no longer in Main Street Village, she kept the name when she moved to the Landings on Airport Thruway.

We started talking about the costumed character and she mentioned that she wasn't sure she could get the teenager who did it before to come back.

I told her I'd do it.

Well, she called me the other day and said the girl couldn't do it and was I serious.

Was I serious? Are you kidding me?

I love Hello Kitty.

In fact, I love Hello Kitty so much that my mother is always asking me how old I am. She thinks it's unseemly that a 56-year-old woman wears Hello Kitty panties and pajamas, carry handbags and wear a Hello Kitty lanyard at work. I have little Hello Kitty things everywhere.

Come see Hello Kitty at the toy store Saturday between 3-5 p.m.

I won't be able to talk to you, but it will be me in the costume!

1 comment:

Troy Heard said...

Sandra...!!! Honestly...