Monday, December 29, 2008

We've joined the digital television age

As an early 80th birthday present to my mother, my brother Fred bought her a 42-inch high def television.

My sister Patty and her husband, John, delivered it and set it up for us.

I think Fred needs to come over to adjust a few things. The color is a little too intense. And we need to hook up the old VCR and DVD machines.

Because we have cable, we didn't have to worry about not having a picture when the whole United States switch over to digital television. But the current TV is 10 years old now, and probably won't last much longer.

Fred's taking it home to put in his barn so he can watch TV while he's working out there in the shop.

I swear, he's a great brother. I'm so glad he and Cheryl decided to come home when he retired. Though right now, my friend Bill Rich has put him to work. He's been working 10 hours a day, six days a week. He has to be at work at 7 a.m.!

No comments: