Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Scary movies

Around this time, every year, people ask me what movie scared me.

Other than that close-up of Lucy Liu in the first "Charlie's Angels" movie, it would have to be "The Changeling." No, not the one with Angelina Jolie that's coming out sometime soon.

It's the 1980 movie with George C. Scott and Trish Van Devere. He played a man whose wife and child were killed in an accident. He moves to start a new life, and she helps him buy this spooky old mansion. Of course, the mansion is haunted by a little boy. It wasn't gory. It was just scary.

One night before Halloween, I was alone and I watched "Halloween." I lived in a ground-floor apartment and I checked and double-checked that my windows were locked. I mean, I had what, four windows in the entire apartment and i was checking them. Again, that original "Halloween" wasn't gory. Just scary.

I will not watch what passes for "scary" these days, which seems to mean a lot of blood. I just can't watch those kinds of movies.

So what movies scare you?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Most scary movies are too gory for me these days, but I really liked The Ring. And The Sixth Sense which was more psychological thriller I guess. But still good.

Leslie

Troy Heard said...

"The Changeling" WAS scary...especially the beginning where Scott's family gets wiped out by that semi! "Halloween" is my favorite, though...