Monday, October 13, 2008

Save the Ta-Tas

I met Columbus State University art major Josh Horne on the street a few weeks ago. I was walking to an interview and I saw a friend of mine who stopped me to talk to him. Then he said, "Oh, there's someone who wants to meet you."

The man of my dreams?

Alas, it was Josh, who wanted to tell me about a concert he was organizing.

Actually, one that he and his fraternity, Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE) were organizing because he wanted to raise money to help find a cure for breast cancer.

OK. I guess that's a good reason to stop me on my way to meet the man, um, my interview.

And what better way to reach people his age than through music? I know this is not publicized as much, but men also have a chance of developing breast cancer. So Josh is hoping not to only reach young women, but guys of his generation as well.

The concert featuring Your Best Friend, the Sixxis, Classic Addict, Promise Drive and the Cuffs is 6-11 p.m. Wednesday on the CSU intramural field off University Drive.

We had to giggle when he told me the name of the foundation that the money goes to: Save the Ta-Tas Foundation.

Seriously, though, Josh got involved in breast cancer awareness issues because his grandmother died of breast cancer. So did his girlfriend's grandmother.

And like he says, everyone has a family member who is a survivor or who has died of breast cancer, or knows someone. That's for darned sure. My own grandmother died of breast cancer.

Admission is a $5 donation, but give more if you can.

Call Josh at 706-302-5936.

No comments: