Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dancing with the Stars, Week 5

I can't believe that I watched the first hour of "Dancing With the Stars." I just wasted an hour of my time. It was a recap of all the dances from last night. They showed all eight dances in an hour. It took 90 minutes last night.

Sheesh!

Now, I'm waiting to see who is going to be booted off.

Warren Sapp and Cloris Leachman have already been saved half an hour into the show.

This is really annoying.

But the big dance production number is a lot of fun. It's called something like "Dancing Through the Decades." It started out with a fabulous tap number a la the Nicholas Brothers. Then it went with a James Brown thing, break dancing and ended up with a futuristic number. Nicely done, as judge Len Goodman says.

I really can't believe it! Toni Braxton is going home. I had chosen her as my frontrunner this season.

Some of the actors do the bi-coastal thing like Cameron Mathison did last season and Susan Lucci is doing this year. Goodman is doing the trans-Atlantic travel. He hosts the British version and then goes to Los Angeles. Next week, apparently there's a conflict and Michael Flatley of Riverdance fame is going to take his place.

It's be very interesting. I can't imagine Flatley being as critical as Goodman. We'll see.

No comments: