Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What a crazy, busy day!

It's 9:13 p.m. and I'm still at work. Something is wrong with this picture!

I was up very early this morning so I could get to Austin Scott's culinary arts class at Jordan High School.

Austin had a special guest today, Bozy Davis, the certified baker and trainer at Panera Bread.

Bozy, which is pronounced like Boise as in Idaho, is one of those people who works from 10 a.m.-6 a.m. Yup, just like that donut guy on those TV commercials — "Time to make the donuts."

Anyway, he was teaching the 24 students in Austin's class the correct way to make a French bagette.

The L-E videographer, Joe Paull, was with me, as always, and the two of us got to score the dough. After it baked, we got to take "our" loaves with us. I went home, slathered mine in butter and brought it back to the newsroom to share. It was good!

After that, it was time to work.

I really don't know why it has taken me so long to do everything today.

Probably because I'm not used to being out on the streets as early as I have been this week.

Yesterday was my annual mammogram at 8:15 a.m. followed by some routine blood work for my annual physical. Today was Austin's class.

Tomorrow is another early morning meeting. This time with Geri Davis.

This has got to stop!

I am not an early morning person!

No comments: