Thursday, April 24, 2008

2008 Georgia Movie Academy

Don't you hate it when you hear about some fantastic event and then find out that it's invitation-only?

I'm sure if I flashed my media badge, I could get into the 2008 Georgia Movie Academy Friday night at Columbus State University. I'm not going to, but I'm just saying I could.

The Georgia Movie Academy trains teachers through the state-funded Educational Technology Training Center to show students how to make movies.

The best two-minute videos that were made by students this school year, will be shown.

CNN Headline News anchor Robin Meade will be the keynote speaker. My brother would definitely go, just to see her in person, if it was open to the public. Too bad, Fred.

It's a great program. Teams of three-to-eight students create these movies, with the help of the coaches.

This year's theme is "Connecting to a Global Community."

Perhaps next year, it will be open to the public and you and I can go.

For more information, call Larry Moore, director of the ETTC at CSU, at
706-568-5063 or e-mail moore_larry2@colstate.edu

In fact, I think I'll e-mail Larry, asking him to open it up to the rest of us who love movies. Maybe you should, too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great event! Also--not related to this particular entry, but I did want to say that I was glad to see the 'To Do' section largely spared from the layout massacre/shrinkage that has occured to the rest of the paper! (I can see the need from an economics standpoint, but it's still disconcerting to see changes to the extent of what was done this week to the L-E).

Carolyn Rogers said...

Sandra,
You are welcome to attend the Georgia Movie Academy awards function as a guest of my team tonight! We would love to have you with us. You may also get a little sneak preview of the movie entries on our school web page. Just type in Taylor County School System, Butler, Georgia and follow the link there. My student's entry is the second one "Making our Mark on the World". This is the second year I have co-coached a team of special education students and am proud to say that Taylor County has come home with the top honors many years in a row! I am also proud to say that not only did our team produce a great movie, they also raised $1, 250 for a great cause!
See you tonight around 5???
Maria and Tony Adams old friend, Carolyn Rogers
Taylor County Upper Elementary School, Butler, Georgia
478-862-5690