Tuesday, April 15, 2008

OK, I'm officially a dumb procrastinator

I swear I have never waited until the last day to do my taxes.

I did mine last night.

And I waited in line at the post office for an hour to mail the dumb thing.

My buddy Jessie, who works very patiently behind the counter at the downtown branch, was very tired by the time I got to him. But as alwasy, he handled my mail with his sunny smile.

Thank goodness for folks like him, who can manage to get through horrible days like today. And you know it was bad for everyone who worked at the post office. Any branch.

I told him I'll never wait until the last second again.

Wait, I do remember some years ago when I was on vacation in Florida when we made a run to the post office.

OK, I do put things off. It's a bad habit. And I must break it. But you know, I'm 55. It's hard to change.

But I must.

No comments: