Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"Dancing With the Stars"

OK, so Priscilla Presley got the boot last night.

I don't think that was a big loss. Personally, I think she should have been booted off long before.

My nephew, Scott, who was here over the weekend, watched the show with us Monday night.

He couldn't believe that Marlee Matlin was given a pass just because she was deaf. I told him that it really was amazing what she could do, considering she couldn't hear the music.

Scott was quiet until just after he watched Shannon Elizabeth dance.

The judges were pretty brutal.

Scott's response?

"She should be deaf."

Scott's always had a quirky sense of humor.

This photo is me with Elijah, who is 4, and Scott, who is 22, on Monday right after lunch.



On Sunday, he was watching "Because I Said So" with his cousin, Jami, and his mother. You know, the movie with Diane Keaton, Mandy Moore and that woman from "The Gilmore Girls."

All of a sudden, he said, "Diane Keaton is still hot."

After we stopped laughing, I asked him, "Given the choice of Diane Keaton or Mandy Moore, which one would you choose?"

Without missing a beat, he said, "Mandy Moore."

We figured that Diane Keaton statement just came to see what our response would be.

Scott's already gone and I miss him. But he'll be back later this summer when he gets stationed at Valdosta's Moody Air Base.

This is Jessica and Scott with their grandmother. She looks good for someone who had quadruple bypass surgery last July, doesn't she?



I miss Jess, who left Monday morning to go back to school. And my sister Dorothy, who left this morning, with our great-nephew Elijah, to go back home to Charleston.

It's going to be a quiet weekend after a rowdy one last weekend.

No comments: