Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Deli Day

Last year, I helped make corned beef sandwiches during Temple Israel's Deli Day.

For years, I'd gone to eat and socialize. One of the ladies asked if I'd like to see what went on behind the scenes.

I said, sure. I got there about 8 a.m. and began making sandwich after sandwich. Even though the kitchen was filled with people, both men and women, I really wondered how many I made. It seemed like thousands, but I know it was probably less than 100.

I do tend to exaggerate.

After we were done, I went outside to see if my family had gotten there. And I decided to eat my sandwich after I found them.

So ended up eating and socializing.

I have a doctor's appointment early Thursday morning, and then I'm heading to Temple Israel again to help out making sammies.

I'll see you there.

Here's a tip: Get there early to get your sandwich. Even if you bought a ticket, get there early. Doors open at 11 a.m.

No comments: