Friday, April 4, 2008

Deli Day and CSU's 50th anniversary party

Hey, I couldn't blog yesterday because our Internet was down.

It made for a very interesting day. It's amazing how dependent I've become on my e-mails. I can't even dial a phone number because my address book is part of my e-mail server.

I'm probably not even saying that right, but I'm sure you understand.

I had a blast yesterday at Deli Day.

After I went to see my doctor (it was time for my annual physical), I went to Temple Israel and started making corned beef sandwiches.

After we ran out of meat, I went and helped fill the bags with pickles, coleslaw and the sandwiches.

I know I smelled like a Kosher dill pickle the rest of the day. Not unpleasant, but...

When I got back to the office, the air conditioning had gone out in the entire building. It was unbearable. And I smelled like a Kosher dill pickle!

I went out to do an interview at 3 p.m. and stayed longer than I planned because it took me that long just to cool off.

And during the time I was gone, the air had come back on and it was slowly becoming cool again.

I was glad it was now and not in August! And that it was relatively cool outside, too.

Speaking of the weather, because thunderstorms are predicted for tonight and Saturday, Columbus State University has adjusted plans to some of the scheduled 50th anniversary and homecoming events.

The concert featuring the Swingin' Medallions will be in the Lumpkin Center at 7 p.m. tonight

The student block party has been moved to the Woodruff Gym from 9-11 p.m. tonight.

The fireworks show scheduled for tonight will be Saturday after the Uptown block party. Fireworks will start around 8:30 p.m. and will originate in Woodruff Park, the green space between the Chattahoochee River and CSU's art and theater complex.

The Staff Council Craft Fair is 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday in the Lumpkin Center.

The Student Tailgating Competition will move to the third floor of the parking deck if it's raining at 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday.

If it's raining, the Student Hamburger Cook-off will move to a tent in front of the parking deck at 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday.

The fireworks will begin at 8:30 p.m. Saturday in downtown Columbus.

You may check for updates by going to www.colstate.edu/50years

No comments: