Friday, March 7, 2008

The Weather Channel


I was checking the local weather this morning on the Weather Channel and there was Samantha Mohr.

She was Miss Columbus and became Miss Georgia 1985. She was highly touted as a contestant and was predicted to win. I remember Richard Hyatt going to Atlantic City that year to cover the pageant. That was the first and only time the Ledger-Enquirer covered Miss America.

Alas, I don't think she made it into the Top 10.

Mohr worked in Houston, Phoenix and San Francisco as a meteorologist before moving to Atlanta.

I guess I wasn't paying attention because she's been back in Georgia since last summer. I went to the Weather Channel Web site and it said she does the weekends, so that's probably why I didn't notice her. I don't check the weather on weekends because I don't worry about what to wear to work!

Welcome back, Samantha!

No comments: