Friday, February 1, 2008

Season announcements begin

I got word that the first of the 2008-09 season announcements are beginning.

The Springer Opera House will announce its season on Feb. 21. Please don't ask me what plays Paul Pierce has selected. I have no idea. Honestly. Every year, I'm surprised.

I do know that he'll probably do one new show, one classic musical, one classic drama and a rollicking comedy. He'll probably do "A Tuna Christams" and "A Christmas Carol" for the holidays. In the Studio II series, again, I'm drawing a blank.

And every year, people ask me if I'm going to do another show. And recently, I tell them I'm too old. I love it, but ...

So what shows do you think the Springer will present to us next season?

Let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whatever shows they come up with, it should be another great season. While on the subject of the Springer, I'd like to encourage anyone that hasn't seen the current production of 'To Kill A Mockingbird' to give it a shot if at all possible. Excellent story, and the talent/professionalism of the young performers (especially the one playing Scout) steals the show!