Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Chef's Corner

We started a new featured in the Life & Taste section that we call Chef's Corner.

Last year, after talking to several chefs about doing tutorials, I took the idea to Dawn Minty, the features editor, and she loved the idea.

We began with Austin Scott because he's a teacher and he's used to telling people basic things about cooking.

Joe Paull, our videographer, and I went to Jordan High School last week to film Austin's segments.

We got five segments from him, and the video is on our Web site, www.ledger-enquirer.com and the story in today's Life & Taste.

On Friday, we went to the Hilton Garden Inn and got executive chef John Chapiewski to do four more.

I got an e-mail from Austin this morning inviting me to the meeting of the local chefs' association.

I'm going to see who at the meeting will be willing to do more "how-to cook" videos for us.

I'ms really excited.

It's been fun so far.

And if you want to learn how to cook a specific dish or can recommend a wonderful home cook, let me know.

No comments: