Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Empty Bowl Lunch

I love the Empty Bowl lunch.

Those of you who know me know my trick and probably do the same thing.

I go over to the Britt David Cultural Arts Center, 2700 W. Britt David Road, and check out all the bowls ahead of time. I'll pick one and "hide" it.

Then on the day of the lunch, I go early and find my bowl.

I know it's sneaky, but I have a great collection of bowls now.

This year's Empty Bowl event is 11 a.m.-3 p.m. March 9.

For $10 ($6 for children 11 and younger), you get a handmade bowl. Then you pick a homemade soup. And then you get a dessert. It's yummy.

There are also door prizes.

All proceeds go to the Second Harvest Food Bank's the Kids’ Café. The Kids’ Café is a program that provides meals each day to the needy children of our community.

Lisa Castile, the director of Britt David, said, "Last year this event was able to raise enough money for Kids’ Café to feed approximately 36,000 meals. This year we want to do even more and with your help we will."

I'll see you next week.

For more information, call 706-653-4196.

No comments: