Thursday, February 21, 2008

Exciting things at the Springer

I can't tell you about the new season that the Springer Opera House has planned until 7 p.m. when it is announced.

I an tell you that it's a going to be a great season. If you go to our Web site at 7 p.m., you'll be able to read about it then.

I can tell you that a new star will be added to the sidewalk in front of the Springer. It's Truman Capote, and it's dedicated to Janice Biggers.

Mrs. Biggers is a wonderful woman. I was her intern in 1974. She was the executive director of the Historic Columbus Foundation, and she wanted someone to write grants so HCF could do something special for the Bicentennial.

Well, I had no idea about writing for grants, but I could write. How hard could it be?

It must have worked because that's how the Chattahoochee Promenade was built. I'm not saying I had anything to do with the building of the Promenade. I just wrote some grants. I don't even know if they got any money from any of the grants I wrote.

Unfortunately, I can't be at the preview party tonight.

I promised Dennis Neuhring at Columbus Cooks that I would do a cooking demonstration for him months ago.

I'm looking forward to cooking, but I'm sorry to miss the Springer's festivities.

No comments: