Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Libby Awards

For reasons I won't go into now, I missed last Saturday's Libby Awards at the Liberty Theatre.

Let's just say I got very busy and forgot. I couldn't believe it!

I always have fun at the awards show. I get to dress up and be a presenter.

Thank goodness Jackie Egins was there to back me up.

Anyway, here are the winners.

Oh, and most embarrassing of all? I was given the Community Media Award for print!

The winner in the broadcast division was Greg Funderburg of WTVM 9 and the print media company was the Columbus Times.

The other winners:

Community Church Sponsor: St. James CME Church, pastor Rev. Reginald G. Barnes Sr.

Youth Leadership Award: Curtis McCloud

Community Organization Award: The Links

Corporate Award: Synovus

Rising Star: Michael Young, who played C.C. White in "Dreamgirls"

Newcomer Award: T.J. Abner, who played the Wiz in "The Wiz"

"Dreamgirls"
Best Supporting Actress: Samantha Daniels (Deena)
Best Actress: Nadiyah Hollis (Effie)
Best Supporting Actor: Edward Senior V (Curtis)
Best Actor: Ometrise Richmond (Jimmy)

"A Star Ain't Nothing But a Hole in Heaven"
Best Supporting Actor: Laura Lowe (Mamie)
Best Actor: Tiffany Hutchison (Pokie)

"The Wiz"
Best Supporting Actress: A tie between Cheryl Johnson (Adaperle) and T'Nesha Pruitt (Glinda)
Best Actress: Samantha Daniels (Dorothy)
Best Supporting Actor: t.J. Still (Gatekeeper)
Best Actor: Antonio Lawrence (Lion)

Best Song in "Dreamgirls": "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" sung by Nadiyah Hollis
Best Song in "The Wiz": "Home" sung by Samantha Daniels

Best Play: "Dreamgirls"

Congratulations to all!

I hope I'm invited back next year. I promise I'll be there!

No comments: