Thursday, August 9, 2007

HGTV Wants You!

Well, HGTV wants you if you're in the market to buy a house.

The show, "My First Place," features first-time home buyers and the problems they face. The show follows people as they look for a house, bid on it, go through the inspection process and buy a house. Then they follow-up and see how they're doing once they've settled in.

I really haven't seen the show, though I watch a lot of HGTV. I really like "What's With That House?" and "House Hunters." I really don't know how people can afford to buy those houses on "House Hunters," but that's probably because I work at a newspaper.

I was flipping channels one night and saw someone I know on "What With That House?" I knew that my friend Roger Nygard, who is a filmmaker (he directed "Trekkies"), had a new house, but didn't realize that he was on that show. I think it's called the Petal House.

Getting back to "My First Place," if you're interested in being on the show, e-mail casting coordinator Keri Grogan at kgrogan@highnoonentertainment.com and ask her for an application. Or you can e-mail myfirstplace@highnoonentertainment.com and ask for an application.

Filming begins in September, so get in touch with Keri soon if you want to be on the show.

And if you are chosen, let me know so I can write about it.

No comments: