Friday, June 22, 2007

You just worked one shift?

That's what one of my colleagues asked me when I came back into the newsroom after participating in the Ronald McDonald House's Round-Up Campaign.

Actually, I didn't work a shift. I worked an hour. And that's way different than working a shift.

All I did was get in the way!

Each McDonald's restaurant had a goal of $1,000. Before my partner, Lance Duke, of Columbus Regional Healthcare, and I came into the one on Manchester Expressway, the staff had collected $900.

So I know that the restaurant will have collected its $1,000 before the end of the day.

I had a good time again this year. The folks there are so nice.

Four of my colleagues came in an contributed to the cause, as did my brother and his wife and one of my sisters.

Friends of mine whom I e-mailed came in, too. One of them gave a lot of money.

Thank you, Susan!

I'll see you next year, though I'll be in a McDonald's somewhere before then.

No comments: