Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Round-Up Columbus!

If you're out and about on Friday, looking to get something for lunch, go to any McDonald's Restaurant in Columbus, Phenix City, Ladonia, Valley, LaGrange and Hogansville.



There will be people at each restaurant in a special apron, asking you for the change that you get back after ordering your meal.



It's a fund-raiser for the Ronald McDonald House and it's a good one.



Last year, I participated and had a blast. Of course, they wouldn't let me flip burgers or even pour the Coca-Colas.



But I asked every single person who came in if they'd give us their change.



One of them was my friend Rearcous Smith. Rea is a fine actor, singer and dancer who's done several shows at the Springer Opera House and is a theater student at Columbus State University. I know he doesn't make much money, but he happily gave us his change. With a smile and a hug for me.



Most people were very generous.



This year, I'll be back at the McDonald's at the corner of Manchester Expressway and Veterans Parkway. I couldn't believe it when I was told that the folks there asked that I return. But then again, I wasn't flipping burgers.



I told Susan Yaksh of the Ronald McDonald House, who contacted me, that I'd be honored.



So I'll be there from noon-1 p.m. Friday with Lance Duke of Columbus Regional Healthcare.



Come on and get a meal and give us your change. Well, not us. Give your change to the Ronald McDonald House.



I'll even be nice.

No comments: