Friday, June 8, 2007

This weekend is not going to be here soon enough!

I'm pooped.

I don't know if it's the weather or what, but I'm just tired.

One of my colleagues, Annie Addington, who does a wonderful job with our Home & Garden section, is taking maternity leave soon.

While she's away, I've volunteered to some H&G stories.

Am I nuts?!

Probably. I mean, what do I know about gardening or home renovation? I don't do anything because I may break a nail. Never mind that I have a completely black thumb. Every plan I've ever had has died.

OK, I have two that survived. One was a beautiful African violet that my friend John Scott Evans gave me. It was really gorgeous with lovely blossoms. I had it in the newsroom and someone stole it.

Someone, and I cannot remember who it was, gave me this very healthy plant. I don't even know what it's called. It's grown so large that it's almost scary. It, too, used to be in the newsroom. Someone moved it into the former managing editor's office. It's getting plenty of sun there.

I always tell people when I retire, I will taking painting lessons, plant stuff, become a docent at the Columbus Museum and if I get lucky enough to win the lottery, get liposuction.

OK, so I'll never win the lottery, so lipo is out of the question. I guess I could do the other things. Eventually, when I retire.

The way I'm tired right now, retirement seems much closer than it did last week!

No comments: