Monday, June 4, 2007

My dogs

In case you're wondering, I didn't make it to Golden Park Saturday. It was raining and I don't do well in the rain. Neither do my babies. I had no intention of taking Chipper in the first place, but the other two don't like it when they're wet. I don't like it when they're wet. So we stayed home.

Apparently, it didn't rain as much downtown as it did at our house.

I do have a tip for all of you who do own dogs in Muscogee County.

Next year, when PAWS and the Muscogee County Animal Shelter hold the rabies/microchip clinic, take advantage of it.

It cost about $60 to get Chipper microchipped and registered. It cost $40 to get both Piiko and Pookie Belle microchipped and registered a couple of weeks ago.

I also needed to get Piiko her rabies shot and city tag. It cost $20. I just need to take her to our vet so she can get her parvo shot.

When I got there, I thought you stood in line with your dogs. Oh, no. You stay in your car. It's a drive-through!

We never had to leave the car. Piiko got her rabies shot first. Then we drove to the microchip part of the clinic. Again, we didn't have to leave the car.

Piiko is really good about getting her shots, so she was fine with the micochip shot. Pookie Belle, though, sounds like you're killing her. She squirmed and yipped and squealed and whined and cried.

Both are doing fine.

If you're on a budget, this is the way to go.

Next year, I won't be so lucky. They don't need to be 'chipped and they won't need their rabies shots, either.

Oh, well.

But if you want to keep track of your dog or cat, keep an eye on our calendar. You won't be sorry.

And if I weren't such a wuss about being out in the rain, I would have been at Golden Park. I'm hoping next year will be a sunny day.

I know that Pookie Belle would have won the dog with the craziest hair!

No comments: