Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm back at last!

When our flight was delayed by a day, that should have been an omen.

Then when we got to our rented house in Kashiwa, which is the largest city in the prefecture (comparable to our states) of Chiba, we discovered there was no Internet access.

In the land of technology, I found that impossible.

We actually got to Japan on Wednesday, May 21. It wasn't until Sunday that we went to the Ginza, where the first Apple store in Japan was established. The Ginza is the Japanese equivalent of Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles or Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale or Fifth Avenue in New York City. Lots of expensive, designer stores. At the Apple store, I found a woman who spoke English. She was very snotty. I guess she thought I couldn't understand English and told a co-worker that I was staying in the country and couldn't get Internet service. She was absolutely no help.

It turned out my sister Patty brought her laptop as well. It stayed in her case, too.

I know I had every intention of writing every day, adding photos, but that was a bust.

One of my cousins actually lives on the next street over and he has Internet, but he and his children are at work all day and his wife didn't know how to access it.

This weekend, I'll tell you all about my trip, day-by-day, with photos.

We got back about 7 p.m. Monday, but I got severe jet lag. It's 2:19 a.m. and I'm still wide awake. Even after three days back, I still am a little jet lagged. I'm hoping to go to work today.

I'm just tired. I should be back to normal next week.

No comments: