Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dragons



These dragons are on a fountain in Asakusa.



I'm at the Dragon Bridge near Sifu.



This is the dragon on top of one of the buildings at the Yomaimon palace in Nikko. The palace was built long ago for the Shogun Tokugawa.




This huge dragon is in a fountain at the Kiyomizu temple in Kyoto. It's my favorite.

I was born in the year of the dragon. So I have T-shirts with dragons, a baseball cap, a purse with Hello Kitty riding a dragon, stuffed animals including the smart-alecky one from "Mulan," statues. Between dragons, pigs and Hello Kitty, I've got a lot of stuff.

There's a T-shirt that I have that says "Princess of Quite a Lot." And I truly do have a lot.

So while I was in Japan, I took pictures of lots of dragons. It seems a lot of the temples and shrines have dragons adorning the buildings.

My favorite is the one in Kyoto at the Kiyomizu temple.

Later on, I'll tell you about another dragon.

No comments: