Friday, September 14, 2007

Tim and Michi

No, you'll not see Tim Wilson and Michi Wiancko in the same venue.

My favorite comedian, Tim Wilson, performs at 8 p.m. tonight in the Fine Arts Hall on the Columbus State University main campus. Opening are Brent Lindley and Soupbone and comedian Roger Kies.

It's a fund-raiser for the Muscogee County Autism Support Group, and that's such a great cause. So take your $30 and get ready to laugh.

You'll have a great time.

I promise.

But the show is not for the little ones. Get a baby sitter.

Michi performs with the Columbus Symphony Orchestra at 7:30 p.m. Saturday in the Bill Heard Theatre, RiverCenter for the Performing Arts, 900 Broadway.

She plays the violin, and will perform Brahms' "Violin Concerto."

When I interviewed her last week, she told me that was the favorite piece to play. She told me, "I'm just so excited. Every time I play it, it's like rediscovering it for the first time. I have nothing in my repertoire like it."

When you have a guest artist who is that excited about playing, you're in for a good time.

The orchestra will play the "Ojai Festival Overture" by Maxwell Davies and Beethoven's "Symphony No. 7."

Tickets are $21-$35; $10 for college students beginning at 7 p.m. and $5 for children 11 and younger.

Call 706-256-3612.

I know that the arts season started a couple of weeks ago, but I really think it begins this weekend with the symphony.

Next weekend, the Springer Opera House and the Liberty Theatre begin their respective seasons.

So there's going to be little rest for me until next May.

Woo hoo!

See you around town.

No comments: