Thursday, September 6, 2007

John Scott Evans and an uh, oh

First things first.

I messed up in my column in To Do today. I was writing about Harris County High School production of "The Wizard of Oz," and said it opens today. It doesn't. I had the last part of it correct, but I sure hope you don't go to the school tonight. You might see a rehearsal, but the auditorium won't be open for business.

The correct dates are 7 p.m. Sept. 13-14, 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Sept. 15 and 2 p.m. Sept. 16.

So sorry.

And John Scott Evans. That young man is so talented and so nice. Once, after I wrote a story about him, he came by the newsroom with a beautiful little African violet. That plant thrived. The amazing thing is I have a black thumb and have killed many, many plants. That Africa violet was gorgeous. One day, it was gone. Someone stole it from my desk. I hope it died right away.

Anyway, I just love John. He's been away from Columbus for a while, but we'll get two chances to see him perform.

He'll be at the Phenix City Amphitheatre tonight at 7 p.m. with another of my favorite musicians, David Ragsdale. Tickets are $10.

Then tomorrow, he'll perform at 9 p.m. at The Loft, where he'll be recording another "Live at the Loft" CD. Those tickets are also $10.

If you like jazz guitar at its best, go see John Scott Evans either tonight or Friday.

You'll be glad you did.

No comments: