Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Getting old

It really is no fun getting old.

A wise friend of mine, Louise Smith, had a dear, sweet mother, who was also named Louise.

She told me once that getting old wasn't for sissies.

She got that right.

This year, I've been sick more often than I have my entire life. I mean, I bet the first 25 years I worked at the Ledger-Enquirer, I wasn't out more than 10 days total.

This year alone, I've probably been out 10 days. It's a good thing that we can roll over some sick days from the previous year.

Last Friday, I started feeling yucky, sneezing and coughing. I was better this weekend, but didn't really do much.

Monday, I woke up with a slight fever and I was congested.

Today, I knew I had to come in, so it was a good thing I felt so much better.

It's the end of the summer, so I'm hoping this winter isn't going to be a bad one. I really hate being sick. My puppies love it when I'm home, though.

And for those of you who have asked, my mother is doing really well. She's come home to spend the night a couple of times and is at home right now. As soon as she's cleared by her physical therapist, she'll be home to stay.

Next week, I have an endoscopy scheduled. My doctor, Dr. Patel, said it's much easier than the colonoscopy I had to have last year. "No laxative," he said.

Thank goodness for that!

I'll tell you how this procedure goes.

No comments: