Wednesday, April 11, 2007

OK. So I lied

I promised I'd do better in blogging, but didn't keep my promise.

But since I've been told I have to keep this up at least three times a week, I'd better pay attention to my boss.

If you don't have any plans Friday night, let me suggest a fun thing to do.

I did it last year and had a blast.

It's the Gallery Stroll that Geri Davis put together for the Joseph House Art Gallery. The Joseph House is a cooperative of local and regional artists. Each artist has to spend at least one day at the gallery on a rotating basis in case someone comes in to browse or to buy art. Each artist "buys" wall space to show their work, so it's only fair that they take turns greeting the public.

Anyway, Geri's been having a tough time personally, but still put together this year's stroll.

It's called "The Lucky 13th Gallery Stroll" and is 6-9 p.m. Friday.

The galleries on the stroll are the Joseph House, 828 Broadway; Fountain City Coffee, 1007 Broadway; the Galleria Riverside, 11 Ninth St.; the Garry Pound Studio, 100 Seventh St.; the Mark Lucas Studio, 1206 First Ave.; Parading Chicks Folk Art Gallery, 1145 First Ave.; Peachtree Gallery, 1242 Broadway; RiverCenter for the Performing Arts, 900 Broadway and Taylor's Gallery, 731 Second Ave.

Last year, I was walking all over the place. This year, Uptown Columbus is furnishing a tram. Thank goodness.

I've been having knee problems and I don't know if I could walk from one end of Broadway to the other. OK, so it's not the whole length of Broadway; just four blocks. But they're long blocks.

Each location will have refreshments which you'll need if you're hoofing it. They'll also have food and door prizes. Many of them will also provide musical entertainment. There should be artists demonstrating their skills at some of them as well.

It's a lot of fun and I bet if you get a group of friends together, it'll be even more fun. And you might find something for your walls as well.

It's free.

If you have any questions, call Geri at 706-321-8948.

1 comment:

Troy Heard said...

I just read about the 365 Days/365 Plays at CSU...that's exciting that my alma mater is participating in it!!! Hope you get a chance to see some of them.