Monday, January 22, 2007

I want to be a producer

Well, not really.

A friend of mine, Jerry Klein, called me around noon last Thursday, asking if I'd like to join him to see "The Producers" that night. I said, "Sure."

And I'm really glad I went to see it. It just may have been the best of the Broadway in Columbus series I've seen. I overheard a man saying the same thing as we were leaving.

Now, I haven't seen all of the shows that have been here, but I've seen a great many of them. "Chicago" was really good, too, but this one seemed a little bit better overall.

The acting and singing were really good, but it was the choreography was that was spectacular.

Apparently, the show was not a sell-out, though it look like most of the seats were taken. One theory I heard was that the momentum was lost when Mel Brooks took the show off the road for a year after his wife, Anne Bancroft, died. Maybe.

No matter what, you missed a great show. And I would have missed a great show if Jerry hadn't offered a ticket.

You see, no matter what you think, I have to pay for my tickets!

1 comment:

Di said...

Oh you Blogger you!!! I am so proud of you for taking the leap into blogger land. It's a fun place to be isn't it? Very liberating. I am going to share another reporter's blog with you who is also a triathlete. He has a great blog. If you ever want to know how to get crazy with your blog let me know. I can help you find great art etc...ofcourse, you being the old pro at writing you probably already have the inside track on cool resources. Use them!!!!!!!! Yahooo Sandra is a blogger! here is the link for the other blogger I mentioned....you'll love it promise. http://www.trigeekdreams.com/