Thursday, July 12, 2007

Harry Potter

OK, I saw the movie last night in a sold-out theater.

I went with my mother, two sisters, my brother, a sister-in-law, a brother-in-law and one niece.

My niece, Jessica, gave it two thumbs down. She said it was the worst of all the Potter movies.

My brother, Fred, who has never read any of the books, but who has seen all of the movies, didn't understand a lot of it.

The rest of us liked it.

This is the darkest of the movies so far, but that's because the book is, too.

Harry feels isolated from everyone, but he learns at the end that friendships really matter. And he knows who his real friends are.

I've read reviews that say the magic is gone. Those reviewers are crazy.

Every show last night was sold out. There was applause throughout the movie from a very enthusiastic audience. Applause at a movie!

Before going into the theater, I saw a group of Springer Opera House kids. Izzy Brown asked if I had my ticket. I said I did. They didn't and had to buy tickets for tonight.

So this first weekend, I'd recommend that you head out to Hollywood Connection's Ritz 10 and buy tickets in advance. Otherwise, you may be disappointed like Izzy and her friends.

Do I recommend the movie?

Of course!

Tell me what you thought of the movie.

No comments: